Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Title

"The Glorious Monster" is the title of an all-percussion piece by Max Roach. He composed it for his 8-man drumming ensemble, MBoom!, and it appears on MBoom!'s first album. It is notable for featured solos on xylophone, vibraphone and orchestral tom-toms.

"The Glorious Monster" was, for a long time, my pet nickname for my favorite and most dreaded progamming language, C++. The name has a sense of dread and delight, no?

And now I also apply that name to my favorite and most dreaded server technology, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2.

So this is going to be a blog about programming and software design, but maybe with some music thrown in. Let C++, BizTalk and Max Roach be the blog's xylophone, vibraphone and tom-toms.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Definitely waiting to see if timpani or a gong enters this crazy scene. I'm going to have to check out MBoom!, as I've never heard of them before.

Looking forward to your future entries and to see where this leads!