Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fixing ESBT 2.0 Installation Script Errors on 64-Bit OS

I mentioned in my last post that I got an error running installation scripts for ESB Toolkit 2.0 on my 64-bit Vista machine. Brendon Birdoes from Microsoft on the ESBT Forum pointed out the solution. To run scripts that require a 32-bit OS, use the 32-bit version of cmd.exe, which is at \Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe. Not only does that fix the problem I reported, but it also allows the script to call ExplorerOM, which can only run in 32-bit mode.

I had assumed that the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt (from Visual Studio Tools on the Start menu) is always 32-bit, even on 1 64-bit Vista machine. I assumed wrongly.

2 comments:

Blaze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blaze said...

Richard have you encountered the faulting application btsntsvc.exe issue?? I got myself pickled into such a situation and i dont have a clue how and what triggered me into it... Can you help me ??